Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Time to get some farming done

Well it looks like after an extra long extra cold winter and another week or so of snow melt and mud drying maybe spring is finally here. I had a pretty good week last week, broke some ground, planted peas, potatoes, onions and the first round of lettuce, radishes and carrots, I also put in a bed of strawberries. It's raining today so I got a chance to finish ordering a few seeds and starting some more peppers and tomatoes. The garlic that I planted last fall is growing good but I can see that I've got to get after the weeds in the next day or so. I hate years where you have to hit the ground running but so far the weather has been warmer than last year anyway,it would be nice to get a somewhat normal growing season after the last couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment